No fabric, full steel panel, s
ecure, compact, no air gap, cheaper.
Specify the new steel panel fire insulated shutters
- STEEL CLAD PANELS ON BOTH FACES WITH NO FABRIC
- SINGLE COMPACT LAYER SHUTTER PANEL WITH SMALL GUIDE RAIL FOOTPRINT
- CHEAPER THAN COMPETING FABRIC PRODUCTS
- EI-120 (Test Standards: EN 1634-1, SS 489:2015)
- Fire Resistance: Up to 2 hours
- Fire Insulation: Up to 2 hours
- Operation: Motorized, Vertically stacking
- Min. Box Size: please contact us
- Max. Shutter Size: please contact us
- Activation: Fire Alarm Signal
- Finishes: Zincalume Steel, Powder-coated,
Panel composition and cladding
Both faces are finished in folded
galvanized steel enclosing a sandwich
of fire rated and insulating materials
that are both non-combustible and nontoxic. The panels are solid, in a single
layer and require no air-gap in order to
achieve the desire insulation rating.
The bottom panel shall be fitted with a
reinforced profile to interface with the
floor of the building.
Made from steel, the guide rails are compact and occupy little space and are fixed to the wall with suitably sized angles.
“Inverted T” sections are bolted to the leading double walled zincalume steel slat and to the fire rated fabric.
The shutter box is installed behind a
lintel and houses the panels when the
shutter is open. The box is made from
steel sections fitted between heavy
duty endplates. The shutter box is
covered in a folded galvanized steel
The shutter box cover is made from 0.8mm thick zincalume steel sheets, with the edges folded to provide rigidity
The motor is suitably sized with a fully
enclosed design. The motor has a high
starting torque, built-in gear box and a
built-in thermal protector. The motor
gearbox has a inbuilt centrifugal type
speed governor that reduces the speed
of the shutter during gravity descent. An
‘emergency-release lever’ shall be
provided for emergency closing
operation, which ensures that the
shutter can descend by gravity at a rate
which is maintained by the in-built
speed governor. In case of power
failure, an endless hand chain is
provided for manual operation from the
ground level. Adjustable limit switches
are used to set the upper and lower
limit for the travel of the curtain
Push button control
Two push button controls with ‘up’, ‘down’ and ‘stop’ buttons are housed in lockable push button boxes. The outer cover of the push button box is made of stainless steel. They are mounted on the same side of the shutter as the motors.
Activation in a fire
- Fire Alarm Signal: A 24V DC, 400mA normally open fire alarm signal needs to be provided at the shutter location. Upon receipt of this signal, an ERS-400 (electric solenoid releaser) releases the brake of the motor. A reset pull is provided to reapply the brake on the motor. Where a voltage free fire alarm is provided, a fire alarm signal conversion panel shall be used to convert it to the required input signal.
1 phase, 230V, 50Hz, 13A / 3 phase, 415V, 50Hz, 20A power supply at shutter box location.
Fire Alarm Signal
24V DC, 400mA, normally open fire alarm signal at fire shutter’s shutter box location. Where a voltage free fire alarm signal is used, a fire alarm signal conversion panel will be provided as needed. See optional activation mechanisms.
- Fire Alarm Signal Conversion Panel: A fire alarm signal conversion panel with a battery back-up converts a voltage free (0V) signal to the required 24V DC, 400mA, normally open signal.